Monday, February 24, 2014

Sugar Cookie Photo Shoot (Fail)

Okay, first things first. If you haven't been to/stalked this website, visit it now! I'm not kidding. I'm so not kidding that I'm going to post it again...


Drew and I found that website one day and probably spent the next hour peeing our pants from laughing so hard. We weren't laughing AT the people... Okay, maybe we were, but we were laughing harder because we could relate! Seriously, that is the story of my pinterest projects!

{Our sugar cookie adventure was no different.}

I love reading other blogs, especially when I feel like I can relate to the blogger. For those of you who blog, you know that blogger that you have never met in real life, but you're pretty sure if you did meet in real life you would be inseparable best friends. Lauren is one of those bloggers for me. Her blog is cute, she is cute, her sweet little girl Millie is stinking cute and they live in the cutest little farm house. If you didn't catch it, they have a pretty cute life.

She posted this post last week and I died. Dare I say that word again?! CUTE! I thought this was the best idea and I couldn't get over how cute she was baking cookies with her prego belly and Millie standing next to her. I loved it and thought "Abbi and I should do something like that!"

Sugar cookies sounded good to me. A few weeks ago, I tried a recipe I found on Pinterest. I wasn't crazy about it. So for this sugar cookie making adventure I decided to go with the tasty premade dough from the store. But that also meant the only thing I could get pictures of was the frosting making.

Maybe I feel like this was a fail because I didn't have my tripod, so I had to hold the camera the whole time and couldn't really get any pictures of Abbi AND me. Maybe it was a fail because I don't know how to edit my pictures and we had terrible natural light. Maybe it was because unlike Lauren, my "prego belly" consist of 5% new baby belly and 95% flabby baby weight from my last pregnancy (so it's not the cutest.) Maybe it was a fail because instead of chocolate chip cookies, we did sugar cookies and the frosting was EVERYWHERE! It got on my walls, floor, Abbi's clothes (hence the naked baby), her hair and all over her body, but maybe that's what made it more fun!

We had a blast and Abbigail especially loved it, but it just didn't turn out how I wanted it to. Looking at the pictures now, I realize I got some cute pictures (Abbi makes anything look cute) but I think we will be trying this again. I can't stop, won't stop until I get my dang cute cookie making photoshoot. 






P.S. You guys should follow Lauren's blog. I'm not kidding. She is the cutest!
P.S.S If you guys have some good sugar cookie recipes, send them my way! Please and Thank You! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...