Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Easy Chicken Spaghetti


Once upon a time a HUGE snow storm hit our quaint town of Rexburg on the very day they we are pretty much out of food. {talk about good luck huh?} Let me put this into perspective for you. Outside there was a foot of snow on the ground, with a fresh, new layer of ice sitting on top. My windshield wipers were frozen over so when I tried to use them, I only made it harder to see out my windshield. Inside (my refrigerator) there were some carrot sticks, lemon juice, milk, a little bit of cheese, and I had some chicken or turkey burgers in our freezer. If I wasn't so picky, we wouldn't have a problem. However, that isn't the case, and the sound of turkey burgers made me want to throw up. {no I am not pregnant} So like any normal girl in this century would do, I turned to Pinterest for a solution! Here is what I found:

Ingredients:
2 cups cooked chicken, cut up
1 lb package uncooked spaghetti noodles
2 cans Cream of Chicken (or Cream of Mushroom) soup 
3 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 can diced tomatoes (you can also use fresh!)
1/4 cup onion, diced
1 t seasoned salt
 1 can chicken broth

** You could also add other vegetables like Peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, etc. (I just didn't have any of these)

Directions:
PRE HEAT OVEN TO 350. 

Put your cooked noodles in mixing bowl and stir in the 2 cups of cooked chicken. Then add your Cream of Chicken soup, 2 cups of grated cheese, diced tomatoes, seasoned salt, onions, and any other vegetables your little heart desires. Once you have mixed this pretty well, you want to slowly add the chicken broth. You don't want your spaghetti mixture to be too soupy. (I didn't end up using the whole can). 

Once your spaghetti mixture is prepared, Put mixture in a glass 9X13 greased casserole dish. Then put the remaining cheese on top. The recipe I found said cook it for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly. I don't think I left it in there for that long... maybe 20-25 minutes? Either way, everything is already cooked inside. So no worries, you won't die. 

Anyways, thats it! Pretty easy huh? and it got the approval of my husband and our good friends. So it must be decent. Thank you Six Sisters' blog for the inspiration! Try it out! Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm! Sounds way yummy. I think I'll have to try this for one of those nights that I don't have a ton of time to cook but still want something tasty. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That actually sounds good ... the title scared me but I was inquisitive. I'll have to check this out :)

    xoxo
    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks and sounds delicious! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...