Thursday, March 8, 2012

Striving to be a little better

So those who read this blog have probably already seen this video on my Facebook wall, but today when I watched it I wanted to write so much more than I did on Facebook. I had to watch this for my child development class, and it was amazing how it came at a perfect time in my life. These Mormon Messages for youth are some of the best video's I have ever seen AND are some of the most motivating.

When I watched this video (which you can watch below) I started wondering how I could be like this young man, who could I serve and develop a love for in such a powerful way? I started thinking about big things I could do. Then later in the day, the Spirit taught me a lesson about not doing something big like this, but looking at how I can serve those people in my life. I am so grateful for Ashley and everything that she is going through right now with being pregnant. She is going to be an incredible mom and I realized I could just work on doing the little things to help her. "By small and simple things are great things brought to pass" (Alma 37:6). I know that the Spirit will teach YOU what small and simple things you can do to bless the lives of those you love and serve. He told me and testified of the truth of this scripture.

Keep the Faith,
Drew


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...